Girlguiding and Girlguiding Scotland are committed to maintaining a safe space for all of our members and volunteers as a top priority.
All Girlguiding Scotland volunteers in roles which require a disclosure check will join the Scottish Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme. A PVG check needs to be completed for any new volunteers..
Below are some documents for Girlguiding Scotland ID Verifiers, Commissioners or any new volunteers who have questions about the disclosure check process:
- PVG Frequently asked questions
- PVG Coversheet for ID verifiers
- PVG guidance for ID verifiers
- PVG guidance notes for volunteers (joining PVG for the first time)
- PVG guidance notes for volunteers (existing members of PVG scheme)
- PVG Common errors
If you already a member of the PVG scheme and require a copy of your certificate and/or your PVG number, please contact Disclosure Scotland on 03000 2000 40.