Growing guiding is about increasing the number of girls who join and stick with guiding. It isn’t separate to normal guiding – all our members can play a role in helping us reach more people, keep our amazing volunteers and girls with us and deliver the best possible guiding experience.
There are loads of ways to do this, from making sure our volunteers feel valued to setting up eye-catching stalls at community events or shouting about the fun things your unit gets up to on social media. And of course, at the heart of it is great guiding – that’s what keeps girls and volunteers with us!
It’s really all about sharing your passion for what you do – and there’s loads of advice, materials and support available to help.
For young members, the Let’s grow challenge badge is a fun way to get girls involved in spreading the word about guiding.
This section has all the information you need to make growing guiding a part of everything you do.
- Get top tips for recruiting
- Get free eye-catching materials like banners, leaflets and cards
- Find out about funding to start a new unit or to enhance guiding in your local area with the developing guiding fund.
- Get top tips for shouting about guiding
- Get recruitment check information, forms and more
- Get support with our membership and joining systems
- Read case studies about growing guiding
- Want to get the lowdown? Read more about our growing guiding strategy