Girlguiding awards recognise members and volunteers for excellent or a longstanding service. If you’re in guiding and you know someone who’s made a real difference, why not put them forward? Find out more and download nomination forms on The Guiding Manual.
If one of the girls in your unit is going for the Queen’s Guide award, then you’ll need Girlguiding Scotland’s Queen’s Guide award registration form.
Girlguiding Scotland awards
Scottish Chief Commissioner’s award and Scottish Chief Commissioner’s Thistle award
There are additional Girlguiding Scotland awards including the Scottish Chief Commissioner’s award and the Scottish Chief Commissioner’s Thistle award.
Young members under the age of 19 who have demonstrated outstanding bravery, overcome personal challenges or were responsible during a specific incident are eligible for the Thistle award.
The Scottish Chief Commissioner’s award is for members aged 19+ who have made an outstanding contribution to Scottish guiding; for meritorious conduct or for outstanding service in the face of adversity!
If you have someone in mind for either of these awards, download the nomination form today! The next deadline for both awards is 4 November 2020.
Girlguiding Scotland Growing Guiding award
This new award is for Girlguiding Scotland volunteers who have helped us achieve our access goals by making a difference in their local community.
Helping more girls and adults from across Scotland to access the benefits of guiding is key to Girlguiding Scotland’s strategy for 2019-2021.
Examples of actions that this award recognises:
- Keeping girls involved in guiding during lockdown
- Recruiting girls or adults in innovative ways
- Using flexible guiding to reach more girls in areas where there’s a shortage of spaces (including online guiding)
- Opening a unit in an area without guiding
- Re-opening a unit in an area with long waiting lists
- Running a holiday guiding programme (in person or virtually) to give more girls their first taste of guiding
- Widening participation by reaching out to new communities or groups that are under-represented in guiding
- Being a warm welcome champion
- making sure that every volunteer gets a great guiding welcome
- Driving forward the use of data to make sure that growth is planned strategically
All you have to do is complete the nomination form! The next deadline is 1 September 2020.