Things to do with lollipop sticks
After you’ve finished eating your ice lolly on a warm day, don’t throw away the lollipop stick! There are so many things you can do with them, from playing games to making a musical instrument.
Balloon ping pong
Balloon ping pong is an indoor game which is easy to make and fun to play. Plus, the girls will love the challenge of doing some crafting before they play!
Before you start playing, you’ll need to make your very own ping pong paddles. So gather your supplies – paper plates, lollipop sticks, tape and balloons.
Decorate the paper plates by drawing or painting your very own design – funny faces work particularly well. Get creative and embellish them with glitter, stickers or whatever takes your fancy! Then tape a lollipop stick to the back of each plate to create a paddle.
Once you are done decorating your paddles, it’s time to play! Blow up a balloon, and then hit it back and forth with your decorated paddles.
Lollipop stick harmonica
We found this idea for on how to make a harmonica using just lollipop sticks, toothpicks and some rubber bands on the Housing a Forest blog.
What you’ll need:
- 2 lollipop sticks
- 2 rubber bands or string
- A strip of paper the same size as the lollipop stick
- 2 toothpicks cut to the width or just wider than the lollipop stick
How to assemble your DIY musical instrument:
- Sandwich the paper strip in between the two lollipop sticks
- Wrap a rubber band around one end until it’s snug
- Slide a toothpick under the paper at one end of the harmonica and on top of the paper at the other end
- Wrap the other end of the lollipop stick with a rubber band too
Now you’re all set to play some music – simply blow to make a noise and pinch the harmonica together to make different sounds.