Girlguiding is a great value-for-money way for your daughter to have fun, try new things and understand the difference she can make in the world.
Units charge ‘subs’ to cover the cost of equipment and hire of the meeting place. These can be paid weekly, monthly or each term. There is also an annual subscription which covers the day-to-day running of the charity. This is sometimes included in the subs. Subs vary from area to area – your local unit leader will be able to tell you how much the subs are and when they need to be paid.
2019 official invoices are now available. Please see key dates to remember below and email if you have any problems.
- Noon, 29 January: trial invoices are available to view and amend.
- 12 February: a reminder email sent from Girlguiding to the main contact of any level that has not yet viewed their trial invoice.
- Monday 25 February (7pm): no more changes can be made to trial invoices.
- Tuesday 26 February (noon): official and payable invoices will be available to download.
- 20 March: reminder email will be sent to the main contact of any level that hasn’t yet paid their official invoice.
- Noon, 1 April: all subscription payments must be received in full by this date
Find out more here.
There’s usually an extra charge for special activities, days out, residential events and holidays.
Each group has its own uniform, which girls love – there’s nothing like identifying with your friends and really feeling part of something. Girls can choose items from a range of practical, stylish and reasonably priced guiding uniform. However, no girl is excluded from Girlguiding because she doesn’t have the right clothing.
If you’re near Glasgow or Edinburgh you can pop into one of our shops to buy your uniform or head over to our online shop. Every girl who visits one of our shops to get their uniform will get an ‘I visited the Guide shop’ badge!
In some areas you can borrow or buy second-hand uniform. Just ask your daughter’s leader for details.
If you pay income tax, leaders can use Gift Aid to claim back the tax paid at basic rate – that means guiding gets an extra 25p for every £1 you give in subs or donations. Please ask your daughter’s unit leader for more information.
We don’t want girls to miss out on Girlguiding for any reason. Girlguiding is excellent value for money, and there’s lots of support available to make sure all girls can get involved, whoever you are and wherever you’re from.
If you’re concerned about costs stopping your daughter joining in the fun then please speak to your leader as she may be able to suggest ways to help.