Units charge ‘subs’ to cover the cost of equipment and hire of the meeting place.
These can be paid weekly, monthly or each term. There is also an annual subscription which covers the day-to-day running of the charity. This is sometimes included in the subs. Subs vary from area to area – your local unit leader will be able to tell you how much the subs are and when they need to be paid.
Find out more here.
Key subs dates from Girlguiding for 2020!
Now’s the time to make sure all your unit information is updated on GO, ahead of the 2020 subs process.
- Noon, 17 January: 2020 levys and bank details for each district, division, county, country and region must be entered into the system
- Noon, 28 January: trial invoices are available to view and amend
- 11 February: a reminder email sent from Girlguiding to the main contact of any level that has not yet viewed their trial invoice
- 7pm, 24 February: no more changes can be made to trial invoices
- Noon, 25 February: official and payable final invoices will be available to download
- 17 March: a reminder email will be sent to the main contact of any level that hasn’t yet paid their official invoice
- Noon, 1 April: all subscription payments must be received in full by this date
There’s usually an extra charge for special activities, days out, residential events and holidays.