Fundraising can be a great way to bulk up your unit funds. From raising money for a special Christmas adventure to fundraising for a camp or even an international trip away – there are lots of different options.
Your community can be a great place to start looking for fundraising opportunities, why not give some of these a go:
- People who know you – from friends and family to neighbours and colleagues
- Local businesses or shops – for donations, gifts for raffles or contributions to your project
- Local organisations – try clubs and trusts like Freemasons, Rotary Clubs, Inner Wheel, Lions and Round Table
- Local institutions – schools, colleges and universities often have charity budgets
- Local fundraising initiatives – look for schemes that help local organisations to raise money. These could be from your local council or even a local supermarket!
- Raffles and lotteries – make sure you read the legal requirements before you start this fun way of fundraising.
You can also head over to Girlguiding’s website and have a look at their Fundraising Toolkit which includes all the resources you need to make any fundraising plans you have a success.