Our Out and About challenge for 2018 is on the theme of ‘make it’!
From campfires and daisy chains to rope bridges and mud pies, we want to see your most creative outdoors creations!
How does it work?
All sections can get involved in our Out and About challenge. Just go outside, make something, then snap and share a photo. You’ve got until the end of October 2018 to take part.
How to get involved
- Get out and about and have fun making things outdoors.
- Take a photo of everyone ‘making it’ and share it on social media (Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram). Make sure you tag Girlguiding Scotland (@GirlguidingScot) and use #outandabout2018 and include a brief description of what you did. If you aren’t on social media you can email your photos direct to Anna, Girlguiding Scotland’s walking adviser.
- And remember to buy your limited edition badges at the Edinburgh or Glasgow shops or online (on sale at the end of May).
Need some inspiration?
Here are some ideas to get making for your unit to make:
• a den
• a fire
• a daisy chain
• a meal
• a light picture
• a mud face
• an insect hotel
• blackberry jam
• a rope bridge
• a raft
• a mud pie
• an assault course
• a treasure hunt
• a picture using whatever you can find lying around
• a work of art made from objects you find in nature
• a picture using lights or shadows
• a shelter for a teddy
• a splash
• a mess
You can download an activity sheet here.
Please make sure that whatever you choose to do for your Out and About activity it is safe and you do a risk assessment.
Check the activity finder on the Girlguiding website which will show what qualifications are needed for your activity.
Remember to let your district commissioner know that you will be leaving your usual meeting place and ensure you have the necessary consent, including photo consent.