Opportunity: Help to inspire global citizens
Are you passionate about global guiding? Do you want to encourage a new generation to tackle world issues and think big? Do you have experience developing publications and activities for young people?
Our partner Scotdec have an exciting opportunity for adult members to help shape a new global citizenship project, being run in partnership with Girlguiding Scotland and Scouts Scotland.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to support the creation of publications and resources that will help Leaders and young members explore their role as global citizens and find out how they can take action on world issues.
You will work closely with staff from Scotdec. This is a home-based role but you will be required to attend a small number of meetings as agreed. The key tasks are to:
- Contribute to discussions regarding the layout and content of the project publication
- Write key sections of the publication as agreed
- Edit the publication to ensure that it is relevant and accessible for Unit Leaders and other volunteers to use with young members
The role will require 10 days’ work, between November 2016 and March 2017. Scotdec will provide a daily rate of payment. Please contact them for further details.
As well as bringing creativity and lots of ideas to the role you’ll:
- Have experience writing and editing resources and activity packs (essential)
- Good working knowledge of Girlguiding Scotland (essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of Global Citizenship education (desirable)
- Ability to work flexibly. Please note that currently we hope to complete the publication by March 2017. Our time frame is flexible because the work will be as needed over a period of five months, starting from November 2016.
To find out more and apply:
Please send all enquiries and applications to email@example.com.
An application email should include
- an attached CV
- a covering letter outlining how you meet the profile requirements and why you are interested in the role
The deadline for applications is Friday 28 October 2016.