Who are Levels 1 and 2 for?
Level 1 – For all volunteers including occasional helpers, GO coordinators, home contacts, peer educators and young leaders.
Level 2 – For leaders, assistant leaders, unit helpers, leaders in training, young leaders, peer educators, those attending residential events and those that need level 3 and 4.
How long does it take?
The training will last around 2 hours and any resources needed will be emailed to you in advance.
Already have safeguarding expertise or experience outside of guiding?
There is no recognised prior safeguarding learning and experience available for A Safe Space Levels 1 and 2. This is because the content covered in these levels explains specific Girlguiding approaches to safeguarding.
The dates available are:
7pm-9pm on Wednesday, 2 December 2020
7pm-9pm on Saturday, 5 December 2020
Interested? Sign up today!
Get in touch
- Spaces are limited to 20 per session; please only register if you can definitely attend
- If you have completed the training within the last 3 years, you do not need to redo the training
- Levels 1 and 2 can be completed by undertaking the e-learning online
- We ask that you please do not cancel a session organised by Girlguiding to attend a Girlguiding Scotland session and vice versa
- As this training is for Young Leaders, you are required to complete and return an information consent form. This will be emailed out to you shortly after your booking
- Please note this must be returned in advance before we can send you the joining instructions. If you have any questions, please email Tyler@girlguiding-scot.org.uk.