Girlguiding Scotland customer service standards
We’re committed to providing you great customer service. We’re here to help make sure that your guiding journey is as smooth as possible. This means whenever you contact us you can be sure we will listen, support and help to the very best of our ability.
We’ve created these customer service standards to help you know what we’re aiming to deliver to everyone, every time:
Girlguiding Scotland will be efficient and effective
- We will make it easy to contact us, so you can choose the way that suits you best
- We aim to respond to you quickly
- We aim to acknowledge your voice-message or social media message within 24 hours during the week, and by 5pm on Monday if we receive it at the weekend.
- We will aim to reply to your email within five working days (usually sooner) of receiving it at SHQ, to our shops or to Netherurd
- We will aim to email you to tell you if your enquiry needs more time for in-depth research. We will meet commitments that we make to you personally about getting back to you.
- If we need to pass your enquiry to a volunteer we will let you know. Girlguiding volunteers can be very busy and might sometimes take longer to come back to you.
- We aim to keep you well informed
- We will give you accurate, honest and clear information – to help you make decisions
- We’ll give informative out of office messages to ensure you know who else to contact
- We will give you accurate information by phone or email. This can include answering your questions and giving you timescales, for example about how long we may need to resolve an issue
- We will listen to you, and help to resolve any problems.
Girlguiding Scotland will follow high standards of customer care
- We will listen carefully to you
- We will be clear and avoid or explain jargon where necessary
- We will put your needs first whenever possible
- We will do our best to make sure you are satisfied
- We will respond positively to your requirements and will aim to achieve a positive relationship with you at all times
- We will be fair. We will avoid making assumptions about people and will treat everyone according to their needs, inclusively and fairly.
You can help us meet our standards:
- Treat our staff and our service with respect when you call or email us.
- Give us feedback
- Tell us when we are getting something right, so that we can do more of it.
- Tell us if we get something wrong, so that we can learn from our experience and improve.