Guides are go-getters.
They go on camps, holidays and trips, meet new friends and try out fun things like trampolining and climbing.
Guides grow in confidence and learn about working with others and taking responsibility by planning and carrying out their own activities.
Guide activities cover five zones:
- Healthy lifestyles: Boosting your physical, emotional and spiritual health.
- Global awareness: Learning about world issues and how each Guide can contribute.
- Skills and relationships: Building the confidence and life skills that give you the edge.
- Celebrating diversity: Learning about rights and responsibilities for all.
- Discovery: Challenging yourself with exciting new experiences and adventure.
Guide units work in groups of friends called Patrols. Each Patrol has a leader who works with the unit leaders to make decisions. Guides can also get a taste of leadership by becoming a Rainbow or Brownie helper.
Patrols can choose from a range of activities including themed resources called Go For Its!, interest badges and challenge badges. Guides can also set their sights high and aim for the Baden Powell Challenge award – the highest award a Guide can achieve.
Guides have a range of uniform items they can choose from, designed by young women designers with input from Guides themselves – find out more by visiting our online shop.