If you’re visiting for the weekend or just have a few hours to spare ahead of Tartan Gig there are loads of nearby attractions for you and your girls to explore. Here are our five favourites.
- The Glasgow Science Centre: Located just across the River Clyde from our Tartan Gig venue the Glasgow Science Centre offers all sorts of hands-on STEM fun. Plus Girlguiding members get a discount
- The Riverside Museum & Tall Ship: Travel back in time and discover over 3,000 objects that detail Glasgow’s vibrant history. Climb aboard vintage trams or walk down an early 20th century street. Admission’s free to the museum. Plus, just outside the Riverside Museum you’ll find the Glenlee, a magnificent Clyde-built Tall Ship. Hop aboard and learn about this ship’s fascinating adventures. Groups must book in advance.
- City Sightseeing Bus Tour: This open-top bus tour is the perfect way to discover Glasgow and, with 21 stops where you can hop-on and off, it’s an easy way to see the best that Glasgow has to offer
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum and Kelvingrove Park: Explore the wonders of the world at Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum – from dinosaurs to Ancient Egyptians! The Museum is located in the beautiful Kelvingrove Park – a perfect spot for enjoying some outdoor games or even a picnic
- Hit the shops: Glasgow isn’t called Scotland’s Style Capital for nothing. The city centre is packed with high-street brands and independent boutiques. Or catch the Subway to Hillhead to check out the quirky styles and vintage surprises of the West End
Where to eat?
You can find a wide range of restaurants and cafes in Glasgow’s city centre including well-known favourites like Nandos, Pizza Hut, Pizza Express, Burger King, McDonalds, and Five Guys.
If your unit struggles to make up their minds try Cook & Indi’s World Buffet with popular dishes from Indian, Mexican & Italian cuisine just to name a few. There are restaurants located in the city centre and at Glasgow Quay (10 minutes’ drive from the SSE Hydro).
Or opt for a traditional Scottish favourite and tuck into some fish and chips at one of the city’s many chippies!