Are you keen to find new volunteers so you can reach out to more girls? Well this year Girlguiding are running their first ever national recruitment campaign, #KnowYourPlace, and you can get involved.
1. Check out the recruitment bootcamp which is full of top tips and resources to help you decide exactly who you want to recruit. There’s a training to-do list for your current volunteers as well as pointers on how to welcome new volunteers.
Start your own campaign
2. If you feel ready to go ahead and start looking for new volunteers right away then why not run your own recruitment campaign? Check out this helpful recruitment campaign guide which tells you everything you need to know about getting prepared.
Spread the word
3. From getting parents involved, partnering up with local schools and holding taster sessions to running a recruitment stall at an event, there are lots of great ways to spread the word that you’re looking for new recruits and how volunteering is such a rewarding experience. Check out this list of options.
We’re here to help
4. If you’re hoping to get your hands on some recruitment materials including flyers and posters for events then head over to our online shop. We also have a wide range of banners, posters, display boards, leaflet dispensers and tablecloths available and you can even hire out a gazebo with our logo on the side! Find out more here.
Social media savvy
5. You can also take advantage of the power of social media by spreading the word online. You could try using paid posts on your social media channels or contact Katy to get help with any digital queries.
Get in touch and get involved